Request deferral
Check your state laws
How to speak to the Judge
Sample Letter
You've got nothing to lose
Contact the Media
My state has Family Friendly jury duty laws, and I wasn't excused!
Substitute care problems
  Back to the HOME PAGE

Important! If the court requires you to report to the courthouse in person, YOU MUST SHOW UP, or else you may face severe consequences!

Click here if your state already has Family Friendly Jury Duty and you were NOT excused. (believe it or not, it happens!)

You've got nothing to lose!

It’s a shame you’ve reached this point! Obviously, this Court does NOT consider family caregiving a “legitimate” reason for jury duty postponement! Try to hire a lawyer, or you will have to serve (or go to jail) and your family will suffer. (As a last resort, you might even consider moving out of the court’s district!)
Since you’ve got nothing to lose, here’s what you should do to make sure this NEVER happens again to children and other vulnerable citizens in your state.

1.  Contact your elected representatives or court officials:

For State courts:
Ask your STATE representative to sponsor Family Friendly Jury Duty legislation for your State's Courts:

  • Kentucky citizens, find out how you can help enact Family Friendly Jury Duty legislation for Kentucky’s Courts.

  • Citizens of other states, find out how you can help enact Family Friendly Jury Duty legislation for your own state’s Courts.

  • Yes, you can change your state’s jury duty laws! If you need some proof, click here to find out how people just like you and I “made a difference” in their states.

For United States Federal Courts:
Click here to find out how to enact “Family Friendly Jury Duty” for U.S. District (Federal) Courts.

2.  Let me know your story! If you have been mistreated by the Courts, please e-mail me and share your story!

3.  Click on this link to find out how to Contact your local media, so you can tell them about your experiences with the Court.


Disclaimer:  Legal information is not legal advice.  Only a lawyer can provide you with legal advice.



 Copyright ©2002-2008 Last updated Tuesday March 25, 2008